Karma


Karma always produces result. Expecting results takes away energy from the performance of the work at hand. If the expectations are not met, frustration and anger follows. When there is total acceptance of any result as a gift from Parmatama, there is total trust in existence.

Karmas are binding only when you do it with your desires thinking that you control the results. If you have no personal desires and are totally ready to accept whatever be the outcome, there is no relationship between you and karma. The interesting part is that Krishna calls this as efficient karma (karmasu kaushalam). It is efficient for many reasons; all energy is focused on the work and not on desires. This is the way to efficient working for achieving great results.

I would like to imbibe this buddhi yoga in my life at MDI to achieve success. Going by this, I would be able to completely focus on my studies without any expectations for my results. If action becomes the mantra, then things usually have a way of sorting themselves out. I would never give up and would never get attached to the outcome. Success or failure, I would accept it with equanimity.


(This act is performed by trained professionals, please don't try it at home or MDI :) )

0 comments: